About This Course
This course is intended for those of you who want to learn the process of making bread and pastries professionally to improve personal skills and for career development in the food and beverage industry. After studying this course, you will be able to get to know more about bread and pastries, what are needed in the production process and how to make them. You will learn about the basic principles but also the practical things you need to know in the world of bread and pastry. You can practice through a series of instructions and recipes brought by professional bakers from the University of Pelita Harapan pastry & kitchen. You will really enjoy this lesson because at each stage we try to present it simply in the form of video tutorials and fun interactive quizzes.
So welcome and enjoy the learning experiences!
Credit : 2 SKS
- Explain the different types of cuts and how to cut them and how to use them in the cooking process.
- Mention the various types of stocks and understand the difference of every ingredients & seasoning used in the cooking process
- Mention and understand the difference of each basic sauce and dressing along with the ingredients & seasonings used in the making.
- Explain the various types of cooking methods and techniques and how to use them in the cooking process.
- Determine the proper cooking method for a particular ingredient to make a fine dish
- Explain the different type of menus and appreciate the different types and styles of menus
- Mention and understand the basic principles of plate presentation
- Applying a variety of techniques to add visual appeal to plated foods
- Basic Bread and Pastry Production
- Baking and Pastry Equipment & Ingredients
- Baking Basic Principle & Understanding Yeast Dough
- Types of Cakes
Febryola Indra, S.Tr.Par., M.Par. ([email protected])
- Wayne Gisslen, Professional Baking , Edisi 4 John Wiley & Sons Inc, Canada 2001 Nicolello, L.G., Dinsdale J., Basic Pastrywork Technique, Edisi
- Amendola, J & N Rees., Understanding Baking The Art & Science of Baking,
- Susan Spaull & Lucinda B. Gardyne “ LEITHS TECHNIQUES BIBLE “ Leiths School & Wine , London 2003